Ingredients for Italian Baked Chicken
- 4 pc boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes and halved
- 1/2 cup black olives pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Italian Baked Chicken
1/ Preheat your oven 375°F or 190°C for Italian Baked Chicken
2/ In a large mixing bowl combine the cherry tomatoes black olives dried tomatoes minced garlic fresh basil fresh parsley olive oil balsamic vinegar dried oregano red pepper flakes salt and pepper. Toss everything together to create a flavorful mixture.
3/ Take a baking dish and lightly grease it with olive oil or cooking spray. Place the chicken breasts in the dish, and then pour the tomato olive mixture over the chicken, ensuring it’s evenly distributed.
4/ Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of each chicken breast covering them well.
5/ Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through the internal temperature should reach 165°F or 74°C.
6/ Once the chicken is fully cooked remove the foil and let it bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden.
7/ Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
Serving Italian Baked Chicken
Serve the Italian Baked Chicken on a platter garnished with additional fresh basil or parsley if desired.
This dish pairs wonderfully with a side of pasta garlic bread or a fresh green salad.
Enjoy your delicious Italian Baked Chicken meal!
Tips and Tricks for Making Italian Baked Chicken
- Marinate for Extra Flavor: For even more deliciousness, marinate the chicken breasts in the tomato-olive mixture for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator. This will infuse the chicken with the delightful Italian flavors.
- Pound Chicken Breasts: If your chicken breasts are thick, consider pounding them to an even thickness. This will ensure that they cook evenly and prevent dryness.
- Use Fresh Ingredients: Opt for fresh cherry tomatoes, black olives, and herbs like basil and parsley. Fresh ingredients will provide better flavors and enhance the overall taste of the dish.
- Customize the Spice Level: Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes based on your preference for spiciness. Add more if you enjoy some heat or omit them if you prefer a milder taste.
- Choose High-Quality Mozzarella: Use good quality mozzarella cheese that melts beautifully. Fresh mozzarella or low moisture, part-skim mozzarella work well for this dish.
- Cover with Foil: Covering the baking dish with foil during the initial baking time will keep the chicken moist and tender.
- Broil for Crispy Cheese: For a crispy and golden cheese topping, broil the dish for the last 1-2 minutes of baking. Keep an eye on it to prevent burning.
- Serve with Complementary Sides: Accompany the Italian Baked Chicken with your favorite side dishes like pasta, rice, or a simple green salad to complete the meal.
- Double the Recipe: If you’re cooking for a larger group, feel free to double the recipe. Just make sure to use a larger baking dish to accommodate the additional chicken and toppings.
- Garnish for Appeal: Before serving, add a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley or basil on top for a pop of color and added freshness.
The nutrition facts for Italian Baked Chicken can vary depending on the specific recipe and portion size. Here’s a general breakdown of the nutrition facts for a typical serving of Italian Baked Chicken:
Serving Size:A typical serving of Italian Baked Chicken is about 3-4 ounces (85-113 grams) of cooked chicken breast.
Calories:Approximately 120-160 calories per serving.
- Total Fat:Approximately 2-5 grams
- Saturated Fat:About 1-2 grams
- Cholesterol:Around 60-80 milligrams
- Sodium:Approximately 300-500 milligrams (can vary based on seasonings and marinades)
- Total Carbohydrates:Negligible (chicken breast is low in carbohydrates)
- Dietary Fiber:0 grams
- Sugars:0 grams
- Protein:Approximately 25-30 grams
Vitamins and Minerals
- Chicken breast is an excellent source of protein and provides essential nutrients like vitamin B12, niacin, and selenium.
- The nutritional content may vary depending on the specific Italian seasoning used in the recipe.
- The nutrition facts for Italian Baked Chicken can vary based on the type and amount of seasonings, herbs, and spices used in the Italian seasoning mix.
- Cooking methods, such as baking with olive oil, may add some fat and calories.
- If the chicken is coated in breadcrumbs or Parmesan cheese as part of the recipe, this will impact the carbohydrate and fat content.
If you’re concerned about the nutritional content of your Italian Baked Chicken it’s advisable to calculate it based on the ingredients and preparation methods you use. Additionally, consider that the nutritional content may change if you use chicken parts with different fat content or if you add side dishes or sauces to your meal.