Delicious Chicken Tikka Masala Fry Recipe | A Flavorful Culinary Delight
Here’s a classic Chicken Tikka Masala fry recipe that brings the rich and aromatic flavors of Indian cuisine to your table:
Ingredients For Chicken Tikka Masala Fry
For the Chicken Marinade
- 500 grams boneless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tikka masala spice blend
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- Salt to taste
Gravy for Chicken Tikka Masala Fry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
Instructions Chicken Tikka Masala Fry
Marinating the Chicken
Grilling the Chicken
- Preheat the grill or oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Thread marinated chicken onto skewers and place them on a greased grill rack or baking sheet.
- Grill or bake for about 15-20 minutes turning halfway through until the chicken is cooked and slightly charred. Set aside.
Preparing the Gravy
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Stir in minced garlic and ginger paste. Sauté for a minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder turmeric powder and red chili powder. Cook for a minute to toast the spices.
Incorporating Tomato and Cream
- Pour in the tomato puree and cook for 5-6 minutes until the oil starts to separate from the mixture.
Reduce the heat and add heavy cream stirring to combine. Simmer gently for a few minutes.
Bringing it Together
- Add the grilled chicken pieces to the gravy, stirring gently to coat them with the sauce.
- Sprinkle garam masala over the dish and let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
Final Touch and Serving Chicken Tikka Masala fry
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves to add a burst of freshness.
- Serve the Chicken Tikka Masala fry with steamed rice, naan bread or roti for a complete and satisfying meal.
Enjoy the Feast of Flavors
- Indulge in the rich and hearty goodness of Chicken Tikka Masala fry a timeless favorite that delights the senses with its harmonious blend of spices and tender chicken.
- This recipe captures the essence of Indian cuisine offering a taste of tradition and comfort in every bite.
Tips and Tricks to Ensure Your Chicken Tikka Masala fry Turns Out Perfectly
Marination Magic: Allow the chicken to marinate for an extended period ideally overnight. This infuses the meat with the flavors of the spices yogurt and lemon resulting in a more tender and flavorful outcome.
Ideal Cut: Opt for boneless chicken pieces as they cook evenly and are easier to eat. Thighs are often preferred for their juiciness but you can use breast meat if you prefer a leaner option.
Balanced Spice Blend: While the tikka masala fry spice blend is essential don’t hesitate to adjust the quantities according to your taste preferences. If you enjoy more heat increase the red chili powder if you prefer a milder dish reduce it.
Skewer Success: If using wooden skewers remember to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before threading the chicken. This prevents them from burning during grilling.
Grilling or Baking: While grilling adds a smoky char to the chicken baking in an oven at 200°C (400°F). Just ensure the chicken is cooked through without drying out.
Onion Brilliance: When sautéing onions aim for a golden brown color. This caramelization adds depth and sweetness to the gravy.
Blending Tomatoes: If you’re using whole tomatoes for the puree blanch and peel them before blending. This ensures a smooth and silky texture for your gravy.
Creamy Magic: The addition of heavy cream imparts a luxurious and velvety texture to the gravy. However you can adjust the amount based on your preference for richness.
Garam Masala Grandeur: Add garam masala towards the end of cooking. This preserves its aromatic flavors and elevates the dish’s essence.
Fresh Garnish: Always finish your Chicken Tikka Masala fry recipe with a handful of freshly chopped cilantro. This not only adds visual appeal but also a burst of herbal freshness.
Pairing Harmony: Serve with steamed basmati rice naan bread, or roti to complete your meal. These accompaniments soak up the flavors of the dish beautifully.
Experimentation: Don’t hesitate to experiment! Add vegetables, adjust spices or even try different proteins like paneer or tofu for a vegetarian twist.
Patience and Love: Cooking is an art, and Chicken Tikka Masala fry is no exception. Enjoy the process and infuse your cooking with love, it truly makes a difference.
With these tips in your culinary arsenal your journey to mastering Chicken Tikka Masala fry recipe becomes an exciting adventure filled with aromatic spices and mouthwatering flavors.
The nutrition facts for Chicken Tikka Masala fry can vary depending on the specific recipe, portion size, and ingredients used. Here’s a general estimate of the nutrition content for a typical serving of Chicken Tikka Masala:
Serving Size: 1 serving (approximately 200-250 grams)
- Calories per serving: Approximately 350-450 calories
- Protein: Approximately 20-25 grams
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 10-15 grams (varies based on recipe)
- Dietary Fiber: Approximately 1-3 grams
- Sugars: Approximately 4-6 grams
- Fat: Approximately 20-25 grams
- Saturated Fat: Approximately 4-6 grams
Vitamins and Minerals
- Sodium: Approximately 400-600 milligrams (varies based on seasoning)
- Potassium: Approximately 300-400 milligrams
- Calcium: Approximately 20-40 milligrams
- Iron: Approximately 2-4 milligrams
Please keep in mind that these values are approximate and can vary based on several factors, including the specific recipe, the type and amount of oil, yogurt, or cream used for cooking, the spices and seasonings included, and any additional ingredients like vegetables or nuts that may be added.
Chicken Tikka Masala fry is known for its rich and creamy tomato-based sauce, which contributes to the overall calorie and fat content. If you have a specific Chicken Tikka Masala recipe in mind or are using a particular product, it’s best to refer to the nutrition label if available or consult a registered dietitian for more precise information based on the exact ingredients and portion sizes used.