How to Make Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs Recipe
Here’s a recipe for Mediterranean chicken kabobs:
Ingredient’s Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs
- 1.5 lbs (680g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Wooden or metal skewers
Instruction’s Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs
1/ If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning during grilling.
2/ In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, oregano, thyme, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to make the marinade.
3/ Add the chicken cubes to the marinade and toss until all the pieces are coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (overnight is even better).
4/ Prepare the grill for medium-high heat. If you are using an indoor grill pan or oven, preheat it to 400°F (200°C).
5/ Thread the marinated chicken, bell peppers, red onion, and cherry tomatoes onto the skewers, alternating between the ingredients.
6/ Place the kabobs on the preheated grill or grill pan. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and has a nice char on the outside.
7/ Remove the kabobs from the grill and let them rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
Serving Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs
Note: Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other vegetables like zucchini, mushrooms, or eggplant to the kabobs. You can also garnish with some chopped fresh parsley for added flavor.
Tips and Tricks for Making Delicious Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs
Choose the right chicken: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs for the kabobs. They cook quickly and stay moist on the grill.
Marinate for flavor: Let the chicken marinate in the Mediterranean-inspired marinade for at least 1 hour, or even better, overnight. This allows the flavors to penetrate the meat and enhances the taste.
Soak wooden skewers: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before threading the chicken and vegetables. This prevents them from burning on the grill.
Consistent size: Cut the chicken and vegetables into uniform-sized pieces to ensure even cooking. Aim for 1-inch cubes or pieces.
Play with vegetables: Add a variety of colorful vegetables like bell peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, or mushrooms. It adds flavor, texture, and visual appeal to the kabobs.
Use direct heat: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat for direct grilling. This helps create those nice grill marks and caramelization on the chicken and vegetables.
Oil the grill grates: Before placing the kabobs on the grill, lightly oil the grates to prevent sticking.
Don’t overcook: Chicken can dry out quickly if overcooked. Cook the kabobs until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and is no longer pink in the center.
Add a squeeze of lemon: Once the kabobs are cooked, squeeze fresh lemon juice over them before serving. It adds a refreshing zing that complements the Mediterranean flavors.
Garnish and serve: Sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley over the kabobs for a burst of color and added freshness. Serve the kabobs with your favorite side dishes like rice, couscous, or a Greek salad.
With these tips, you’ll be able to create mouthwatering Mediterranean chicken kabobs that will impress your family and guests. Enjoy your delicious grilled delight!
Here are approximate nutrition facts for Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs (per 1 skewer, about 4-5 ounces).
- Calories: Approximately 150-200 calories, depending on ingredients and portion size.
- Total Fat: About 5-10 grams, depending on the cut of chicken and marinade.
- Saturated Fat: Varies depending on the ingredients and marinade used.
- Trans Fat: Minimal to none.
- Cholesterol: Approximately 50-80 milligrams, depending on the chicken used and marinade.
- Sodium: Varies depending on seasonings and marinades, typically around 200-400 milligrams.
- Total Carbohydrates: Minimal to low, typically around 1-5 grams.
- Dietary Fiber: Minimal to none.
- Sugars: Varies depending on the ingredients and marinade, typically low.
- Protein: Approximately 20-25 grams.
- Vitamins and Minerals: The nutrition content can vary depending on the ingredients used in the marinade and any accompanying vegetables. Common ingredients may include olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and various herbs and spices, which can contribute to vitamin and mineral content.
Please note that the specific nutrition facts can vary based on the recipe, marinade, and serving size. Always refer to a specific recipe or packaging for precise nutritional information for your Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs.