Delicious Crumb Fried Chicken Recipe: Crunchy, Golden, and Irresistible
The perfect Crumb Fried Chicken recipe for a crispy golden coating and tender juicy chicken inside. Follow our step by step instructions to create a mouthwatering homemade fried chicken experience.
The recipe for a delicious Crumb Fried Chicken.
Ingredients Crumb Fried Chicken
For the Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional, for added flavor)
For the Coating
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (preferably Panko for extra crunch)
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
Instructions Crumb Fried Chicken
1/ In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, salt, pepper, and paprika. If you’re using boneless chicken breasts, you can cut them into smaller pieces for faster frying and even coating. Add the chicken pieces to the buttermilk mixture, ensuring they are fully coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but preferably 4 hours or overnight.
2/ In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. This is your seasoned flour mixture.
3/ In another bowl, beat the eggs.
4/ Prepare a plate with the breadcrumbs.
5/ Take each chicken piece from the buttermilk mixture, allowing excess buttermilk to drip off, and then coat it with the seasoned flour. Shake off any excess flour.
6/ Dip the flour-coated chicken into the beaten eggs, making sure it’s fully coated.
7/ Roll the chicken in the breadcrumbs, pressing the crumbs onto the chicken to make sure they adhere well. Repeat this process for a thicker, crunchier coating, if desired.
8/ Place the coated chicken on a baking sheet or plate and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes.
9/ Heat about 1-2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep skillet or large frying pan to around 350-375°F (175-190°C). Use a cooking thermometer for accuracy.
10/ Carefully place the coated chicken pieces into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan; fry in batches if necessary.
11/ Fry the chicken until it’s golden brown and cooked through. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F (74°C). Boneless chicken pieces typically take about 6-8 minutes per side, but cooking time may vary depending on the size of the pieces and the heat of the oil.
12/ Use a slotted spoon to remove the fried chicken from the oil and place it on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
13/ Serve the crumb fried chicken hot with your favorite dipping sauces, such as ketchup, honey mustard, or ranch dressing.
Enjoy your homemade Crumb Fried Chicken with its crispy, flavorful coating!
Tips and Tricks to Make the Perfect Crumb Fried Chicken
1. Marinate in Buttermilk: Marinating the chicken in buttermilk not only adds flavor but also tenderizes the meat. Let it marinate for at least an hour, but longer is better.
2. Seasoning: Don’t be shy with your seasonings. The seasoned flour should be well-flavored to ensure the coating is tasty. Use a combination of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and a bit of cayenne for a hint of heat.
3. Panko Breadcrumbs: For an extra crispy crust, use Panko breadcrumbs. They create a lighter, crunchier texture compared to regular breadcrumbs.
4. Double Coating: For an even thicker and crunchier crust, you can double-coat the chicken. After the initial coating with flour and before dipping in the egg, repeat the process. This will result in an extra crispy texture.
5. Let It Rest: After coating the chicken, allow it to rest for about 10-15 minutes. This helps the coating adhere better and ensures a consistent, even crust.
6. Oil Temperature: Maintain the oil temperature between 350-375°F (175-190°C). Use a thermometer to monitor the temperature, and don’t overcrowd the pan, as it can cause the temperature to drop.
7. Frying Time: Boneless chicken pieces typically take around 6-8 minutes per side, but cooking time may vary depending on the size of the pieces. Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
8. Drain Excess Oil: After frying, place the chicken on a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil.
9. Dipping Sauces: Serve your Crumb Fried Chicken with a variety of dipping sauces, such as ketchup, honey mustard, or ranch dressing, to complement the flavors.
10. Experiment: Feel free to experiment with different seasonings and coatings. You can add herbs or spices to the flour mixture to create unique flavor profiles.
These are the tips and tricks,to prepare crispy and flavorful Crumb Fried Chicken that will be a hit with family and friends.
Common Mistakes To Avoid During Making Of Crumb Fried Chicken
Here are some common mistakes to avoid
Skipping the Marination: Marinating the chicken in buttermilk not only adds flavor but also helps tenderize the meat. Skipping this step can result in less flavorful and less tender chicken.
Not Seasoning the Coating: Failing to season the flour mixture adequately can lead to bland chicken. Be generous with your seasonings to ensure a tasty coating.
Using Stale Breadcrumbs: Stale or old breadcrumbs can result in a less crispy texture. Always use fresh breadcrumbs, preferably Panko, for the best results.
Not Allowing the Chicken to Rest: After coating the chicken, it’s essential to let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. This resting period helps the coating adhere better and results in a more even and crunchy crust.
Inconsistent Oil Temperature: Maintaining the oil temperature is crucial. If the oil is too hot, the coating can burn before the chicken is cooked through. If it’s too cool, the chicken may absorb excess oil, becoming greasy.
Overcrowding the Pan: Frying too many chicken pieces at once can cause the oil temperature to drop, resulting in uneven cooking and a less crispy texture. Fry in batches for the best outcome.
Skipping a Thermometer: Not using a cooking thermometer to monitor the oil temperature and the internal temperature of the chicken can lead to undercooked or overcooked chicken.
Not Draining Excess Oil: Failing to drain the fried chicken on paper towels can leave it greasy. Properly draining excess oil is essential for a crisp texture.
Using a Lid While Frying: Covering the frying pan with a lid can trap steam, making the coating soggy. Keep the pan uncovered during frying.
Ignoring Food Safety: Ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C) to guarantee it’s cooked safely. Undercooked chicken can pose health risks.
Rushing the Process: Frying Crumb Fried Chicken is a process that requires patience. Rushing can result in unevenly cooked chicken and a less-than-perfect coating.
By avoiding these common mistakes and following the tips provided earlier, you’ll be on your way to making delicious and perfectly crispy Crumb Fried Chicken.
Nutrition facts for Crumb Fried Chicken can vary depending on the recipe, preparation methods, and serving sizes. Below is a general estimation for a 4-ounce (113-gram) serving of Crumb Fried Chicken.
- Calories: Approximately 200-250 calories
- Protein: About 20-25 grams
- Total Fat: Approximately 10-15 grams
- Saturated Fat: About 2-4 grams
- Trans Fat: Minimal to none
- Cholesterol: Approximately 50-80 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: About 10-15 grams
- Dietary Fiber: Minimal
- Sugars: Minimal
- Sodium: Approximately 400-600 milligrams
- Vitamins and Minerals: The chicken provides some essential nutrients including potassium phosphorus and various B vitamins such as niacin and B12.
Please note that these values are general estimates and can vary significantly based on factors like the size of the chicken pieces the thickness of the coating the frying method and any additional sauces or dips used. If you require more precise nutritional information, it’s recommended to use specific recipes and enter the ingredients into a nutritional calculator or consult the packaging of commercial products used.