Creamy English Butter Chicken Recipe | A Culinary Masterpiece
Ingredients Butter Chicken Recipe
- 1.5 lbs (700g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Cooked basmati rice or naan bread (for serving)
Directions Butter Chicken Recipe
1/ In a bowl, marinate the chicken pieces with yogurt, salt, and half of the minced garlic. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator for better flavor.
2/ In a large skillet or pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent and lightly browned.
3/ Add the remaining minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan and cook for another minute until fragrant.
4/ Stir in the garam masala, ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, and chili powder. Cook for a minute to toast the spices and enhance their flavors.
5/ Add the marinated chicken along with the yogurt marinade to the pan. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
6/ Pour in the tomato puree and stir well to combine with the chicken and spices. Cook for another 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
7/ Reduce the heat to low and pour in the heavy cream. Stir well and let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes, allowing it to thicken slightly.
8/ Crush the dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) between your palms and sprinkle them into the sauce. Stir to incorporate.
9/ Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt if needed.
10/ Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve the butter chicken over cooked basmati rice or with naan bread.
Preparation Time Butter Chicken Recipe
30 minutes | Cooking Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
Servings Butter Chicken Recipe
4 servings, this recipe serves 4 individuals.
Tips and Tricks to Enhance Butter Chicken Recipe
- Marination is key: Allowing the chicken to marinate overnight helps to infuse it with the spices and makes it more tender and flavorful.
- Use Kashmiri chili powder: For an authentic red color without too much heat, opt for Kashmiri chili powder.
- Tomato puree vs. crushed tomatoes: Tomato puree provides a smoother consistency, while crushed tomatoes offer a chunkier texture. Choose based on your preference.
- Adjust spice level: Feel free to adjust the amount of spices according to your taste preferences. Add more or less chili powder and garam masala as desired.
- Creamy texture: The heavy cream or coconut milk adds richness and creaminess to the dish. Use full-fat coconut milk for a dairy-free option.
- Garnish: Fresh cilantro leaves add a burst of freshness and color to the dish. You can also add a drizzle of cream on top before serving.
Serve your delicious Butter Chicken recipe with steamed basmati rice, naan, or roti for a satisfying and flavorful meal. Enjoy!
the approximate nutrition facts for a serving of Butter Chicken recipe, a popular Indian dish. Keep in mind that these values can vary based on the specific recipe and portion size:
Serving Size: 1 cup (about 240 grams)
Calories: Approximately 300-400 calories per serving
- Protein: 15-25 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10-20 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 1-3 grams
- Fat: 15-25 grams
Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin A: Varies depending on the amount of tomatoes, cream, and spices used.
- Vitamin C: Varies depending on the amount of tomatoes and other sources of vitamin C.
- Calcium: Varies depending on the recipe, but it may contribute around 10-15% of the daily recommended intake.
- Iron: Varies depending on the ingredients used, but it may contribute around 10-15% of the daily recommended intake.
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the specific ingredients and cooking methods used in your Butter Chicken recipe. It’s a good idea to refer to the nutrition label on packaged ingredients and use a nutrition calculator for precise values if you have dietary concerns or specific dietary goals. Additionally, the calorie and nutrient content can vary based on factors like the amount of cream or butter used in the recipe.
Enjoy the Butter Chicken Recipe